June 12, 2023

I'm Back After A Long Absence

 It has been a long time!  My last post was in January of 2016...over seven years ago.  Things have dramatically changed...for Trinity Church, Beaver and for the United States.  In fact, the changes have been staggering in magnitude.

We are no longer known as Trinity Church.  We are now New Life Anglican Fellowship.  We no longer own and reside in the Church at 370 Beaver Street.  We meet in the Community Room of Beaver Valley Church of God who graciously allows us to meet there without charge.  There is a huge story to be told here and perhaps one day I will tell it.

The United States has experienced profound change as well.  The Covid pandemic has forever changed the political landscape with the government assuming way more control over our daily lives than ever before.  The gay rights debate has become the trans rights debate.  Race relations have taken a grave turn and the country seems more divided along the liberal/conservative split than ever before.  

I have been alarmed by the shift in the religious/spiritual landscape.  I am also alarmed by the shift in values and morals that determine our direction individually and as a nation.  The landscape is changing so rapidly that it is hard to keep up.  As I witness what appears to be a sort of corporate insanity emerge  I have grave concerns about the long term viability of the nation and I worry for my children and grandchildren and the legacy they are likely to inherit.  And so, I have decided to take my place in the public debate, to make whatever small contribution I can, in the hopes of contributing to the voices of reason and the champions of sanity.  I pray that as the nation awakens to the truth it will turn from the path of destruction it is on and return to following the way of truth, of life and of salvaation.   

So, I'm back after a long absence.  And the blog, once focused on the internal interests of a small parish church in a small town, will be focuses on the essential conversations of the day.  I hope to bring some Christian insight to those conversations and, if possible, to make Christ's voice heard in a land that has become increasingly deaf to his call.

No comments: